MCRES Micro Rev2 Reservoir
Out of stock
Part Number: MCRES-Micro-R2
Designed in the USA
The MCRES Micro Revision 2 reservoir shares all the good things that characterized the classic MCRES Micro in size, quality, and provided accessories, but it also includes additional enhancements and functionalities that have been requested by enthusiast users:
- The most noticeable feature is an additional port at the bottom of the unit. This port can be used as follows:
o as an alternate outlet providing a straight tube routing to a pump located underneath
o to feed a second pump
o to plug-in a temperature sensor
o as a drain
- All threads, including the fill-port which was previously a PG7 standard, are now 1/4" BSPP (G1/4) compatible
- New 1/4" BSPP (G1/4) plugs made of high polish chrome plated brass, are used for both the fill-port and the alternate outlet port.
- A vent was added to the anti-turbulence baffle to eliminate the formation of a small air bubble that occured in the previous model.
In conjunction with the release of the MCRES Micro Revision 2, new fittings are now available to complement and enhance the use of this product:
- 1/4" BSPP(G1/4) to 1/2" barb high-polish chrome plated brass fill-port fitting: specially designed to fit inside of the fill-port or alternate outlet cavity of the MCRES Micro Rev 2 and to facilitate the use of a 5/8" socket to fasten the fitting
1/4" BSPP-1/2" RPF
- 1/2" Remote fill-port fitting: this type of panel mount fitting allows users to fill-up or refill their system from outside of the PC, or can alternatively be used as a drain; the fitting connects with 1/2" tubing to either the MCRES Micro Fill-port barb fitting (described above) or to a T-Line. Two models are available, black anodized aluminum body, or high polish chrome plated brass body. The high-polish chrome plated brass plug conveniently protrudes from the flange of the fitting for frequent access, and can be fastened either with a flat screw driver or a 5/8 socket. A standard 5/8" bimetal hole saw is all it takes to drill the panel and install the fitting.
1/2" FPF-AL 1/2" FPF-CPB
Black anodized High Polish Chrome
aluminum body plated brass body
The MCRES Micro with included black nylon fittings, and optional fill-port barb installed on top
The MCRES Micro with included black nylon fittings, included brackets, and optional fill-port barb installed to the alternate outlet
Same as above, with Optional chrome plated brass 1/2" fitting
A third party temperature sensor with 1/4" BSPP threads can easily be installed to the alternate outlet.
- Material: Clear acrylic laser-cut panel
- Dimensions: schematic above
- Maximum capacity:4.5 fl oz (133 cc)
- shipped with (2) each 3/8" and 1/2" barb fittings
- Recommended cooling fluid: distilled water + 5 or 10% of Swiftech's Hydrx
End User Reviews
A decent option
1/23/2013 5:08 AM
It fits in my stuffed mATX case, which is more than could be said for any other reservoir I could find. That said, I'd love it if it were available in a wider version. The 38mm depth is perfect, and I would join some in series even if I could, but the ugly mounting "pegs" make that impossible. So this would be about perfect if they could find a way to clean up the mounting locations (maybe drill holes into beefed up areas for mounting brackets?) or make it in more sizes.
Either way, I shouldn't complain. I'm happy it's available.
7/7/2012 9:30 AM
The construction of this reservoir is great. The acrylic is very thick and though i did not use the mounting hardware, it was not thin and flimsy like i expected. The baffle works very well, though while purging air from the system it is important to turn your pump of now and then because bubbles will get caught in the swirl that develops in front of the inlet and outlet. However, once all of the air is out the liquid at the top of the reservoir just gently ripples noiselessly to indicate flow from the pump. My biggest fear with liquid cooling was that some part of the system would be cheaply built and would leak. However, the quality of Swiftech construction has abated these fears.
1/16/2012 8:42 AM
This reservoir continues the Swiftech expectation of excellent products designed to provide superior function at a reasonable cost. It may be small but, slam a high pressure flow, from a strong pump into it and the perfectly placed baffle will reduce turbulance to almost nothing. It is therefore, absolutely silent too. It's really pretty amazing from such a small, simple design. I really do like this reservoir!
I've been pleased with all of my Swiftech purchases. Gabe is always there to extend the life of his products as well, with the necessary updates to mounting hardware for the various older, out of production blocks. When I need new hardware, I always check Swiftech's "no-nonsense offerings FIRST! Go Swiftech and never regret it!