Part Number: MCB-120-R2
Bulk shipping information: 25 Pcs/Ctn
Designed in the USA
The MCB-120 "Radbox" is an external radiator mounting kit for liquid cooled systems. This product is designed to install a 120mm radiator and fan externally to the computer chassis, using the existing 60mm, 80mm, 92mm, or 120mm fan mounting holes from the case. It comes with a custom pass-thru PCI bracket to route the tubing and fan connector through a PCI slot back into the case.
- Bolt-on, plug-and-play installation.
- Compatibility with an overwhelming majority of computer chassis featuring 60mm, 80mm, 92mm or 120mm fan mounting holes.
- Multiple slots allow up to 3" of vertical travel, and 2" of lateral travel, providing ample adjustment combinations to eliminate interference with cables, power supply, and side panel.
- Provides a simple mechanism for "hanging" even larger radiators to the back of the case.
- Space savings compared to external water-cooling systems: the radiator assembly shares the "dead" space occupied by the wiring behind the case.
- Reduces clutter inside of the chassis.
A simple yet economical solution for power users in space constrained applications!
Thermal efficiency benefits:
- The MCB-120 "Radbox" contributes to optimize the thermal efficiency of the liquid cooling system, and to reduce computer components temperature by:
- Using the ambient air outside of the chassis to cool the radiator, instead of the hotter air from inside the chassis: in a poorly ventilated chassis, there could be a difference of up to 10 °C in air temperature between the inside of the enclosure and the outside air. The MCB-120 external solution guarantees that the system will always benefit from the coolest ambient air available, and may result in dramatic improvements of the CPU temperature compared to internal solutions.
- Eliminating the additional thermal load on the computer components: when a fan is configured to draw fresh air from the outside to cool a radiator installed internally, the air traveling through the radiator is heated, and flows inside the enclosure. This increases the overall temperature of all the components, such as hard drive, memory, etc... The MCB-120 external solution eliminates this issue, one that can be particularly acute in mini and mid-tower cases with poor ventilation, and will actually contribute in dropping the ambient the temperature inside of the chassis.
Noise reduction benefits:
- Higher performance can be accomplished at lower noise levels compared to an internal installation, since the radiator isn't handicapped by the higher ambient air found inside the case.
- Housing assembly dimensions: 5.125 x 5.125 x 1.360" (130x130x35mm)
- Material: injection molded POM - Mechanically, the product is very sturdy thanks to the base plate featuring numerous reinforcement ribs. The MCB120 Rev2 "Radbox" can support single, dual or triple 120mm radiators.
- Features: slotted holes allow installation to 60mm, 80mm, 92mm or 120mm fan holes
- Up to 3" of vertical travel, and 2" of lateral travel with 80mm fan holes
- Finish: silk-black paint
- PCI Pass-thru kit:: custom PCI bracket with U-shape holes for tube pass-thru and slotted hole for electrical routing.
End User Reviews