Part Number: apogee-lp
Bulk shipping information: 20 Pcs/Ctn
Designed in the USA
ap.o.gee: The farthest or highest point; the apex; a final climactic stage
The Apogee™ LP ("LP" stands for Low Profile) CPU water-block is a high-performance, flow agnostic waterblock using the same micro-pin technology as the award-winning Apogee™ XT.
The horizontal orientation of the inlet and outlet ports facilitates installation of the block in space constrained environments such as 1U racks or Small Form Factor Computers.
Performance and flow data
Comparative performance data
Motherboard and CPU Compatibility
- Processor: Core™ i7 920 @ 4.1 Ghz at 1.42V, HT enabled, 100% load
- Cooling system: MCR320 Drive radiator, with built-in MCP355 pump at 100% speed (4500 rpm), and Gentle Typhoon fans (D1225C12B5AP-15) running at 100% speed (1850 rpm)
In stock configuration, the Apogee™ LP is compatible with:
- Intel® desktop and server processors using socket LGA775, 1156 & 1366 - The Intel® -universal hold-down plate is installed by default. Motherboard back plates for desktop boards class boards in 1156 and 1366 socket are included. Socket 775 back-plate is sent free of charge upon request. In server class boards, the waterblock bolts directly onto the existing motherboard back-plate.
Optional Part # Apogee-GTZ-AM2-HD, provides compatibility with AMD® Socket AM2, and AM3 and is fully compliant with the component keep-out specification.
- AMD® desktop and server processors using socket AM2 and AM3 - Installation of the hold-plate is required.
Optional Part # Apogee-GTZ-1U-S-HD, is a multi-platform hold-down plate and provides compatibility with the following legacy sockets:
Fittings & tubing compatibility
- Intel® Xeon socket 771, and legacy 603, 604
- AMD® socket F, and legacy 754, 939, 940
- Due to the hybrid nature of this hold-down solution, users are advised to check for possible clearance issues with their particular motherboards by using the schematic below
The waterblock ships with a set of 3/8" barb fittings. The inlet and outlet port threads comply with the G1/4 specification.
- The CNC machined C110 copper base plate is at the heart of the Apogee™ LP cooling efficiency. An array of micro-pins measuring 0.25 x 0.25mm (.01 x .01") reduces thermal resistance, and provides exceptional performance at low to moderate flow rates.
- The housing is CNC machined out of black Delrin
- Base plate dimensions: 2" x 2" (50.5 x 50.5 mm)
- Inlet & outlet port thread specification: G1/4
- Assembly weight: : 6.7 oz (190 g)
End User Reviews